Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

the finished product

So the lemons have been resting in the strong alcohol for at least 1 month now so it's time to complete the next step...

Strain the lemon peels from the alcohol, you will see the beautiful golden coloured alcohol infused with the oils of the lemon peel.  Also, notice that at this point of the brewing process, the lemon peels have been depleted of all their oils and will basically snap in your fingers as you can see in the second image below!




In a saucepan I then heated up some water with sugar to create a syrup.  You must use the equal quantity of sugar to alcohol, I used 4 cups of sugar for my 1 litre of alcohol.  With the water, I reckon it is up to you to decide how strong you want the alcohol content of the Limoncello.  I think mine is about 40% using 1 1/2 litres of water (a little strong but I like it).


Once the sugar syrup has cooled to room temperature you can add this to the lemon alcohol.  Just stick it in the freezer for a few days as the flavour really develops over a short period of time.

And, that's it!








No comments:

Post a Comment